BPM Software ComparisonUnsure which edition is right for you? We’ve provided a high level comparison table to help you narrow down what is the best fit based on your needs and IT strategy.
EPC StandaloneFor Individuals
- Users: Limited to 1 single user access
- Data / Storage: Locally within same device (laptop/pc)
- Performance: N/A – Runs locally on single machine
- Control / Management: Full Control, stored locally on users PC. Loss of data is high risk because no automated back-ups so loss of device means loss of data. Manual exports to external device is recommended to be completed on a regular basis.
- Integration: N/A – No integration with external systems for email notifications, AD resource & groups synchronization, etc.
- Implementation: Fast & straight forward single wizard installation. Admin rights on machine are required for installation.
EPC Cloud (SAAS)For Teams
- Users: Named User License per month. Great for low number of heavy users, more costly during enterprise-wide user access roll-out.
- Features: All Features available.
- Data / Storage: External Data Storage. Public Cloud Computing (shared) or Private Cloud Computing (secluded).
- Performance: Latency between server / office broadband round-trip time + corporate proxy data monitoring.
- Control / Management: Interfacing manages System & application updates. Interfacing data-center partner (MS Azure & Amazon) manages network, hardware, ongoing back-ups, disaster recovery and security.
- Integration More complex. EPC Cloud Supports Active Directory Cloud standard SAML 2.0 for user synchronization and Single Sign-On but all integration is easier when servers are on same network.
- Implementation: Fast – Platform is already provisioned, set up and tested by Interfacing and Interfacing Partner. Client needs to trust all communication between users and externally hosted cloud server domain. eg. https://customer.interfacing.com.
EPC On-PremiseFor Teams
- User: Concurrent or Unlimited. Great for infrequent users and enterprise-wide user access roll-out.
- Data / Storage: Stored behind internal firewall. Monitored Centrally.
- Performance: No latency, running within company network and behind company firewal and proxy.
- Control / Management: Internal IT full control over hardware and application infrastrucutre (security, maintenance, monitoring, connectivity), upgrade timing and access security policy control. However, this control also adds responsibility (Upgradesdates, Disaster Recovery, Backups), IT has more .
- Integration: Easy – Local Deployment is easier to integrate with existing infrastructure.
- Implementation: Installation is straight forward once IT has setup server and Interfacing Support team will conduct installation remotely for you. Integration with other systems is much quicker and straight forward when deployed within existing infrastructure.
Download a Free Trial of EPC
Map, model, and execute your business processes with Interfacing’s Enterprise Process Center® (EPC) to achieve the process visibility necessary to optimize your operations. Positioned as a leader by independant IT analyst firm Gartner® as a leader within 3 enterprise management reports.