This Acceptable Use Policy (this “Policy”) describes prohibited uses of the services offered by Interfacing (the “Services”) and the website located at http://interfacing.com (the “Interfacing Site”). The examples described in this Policy are not exhaustive.
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or Content
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Services for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive. Prohibited activities or content include:
No Security Violations
You may not use the Services to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a “System”). Prohibited activities include:
- Unauthorized Access. Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
- Interception. Monitoring of data or traffic on a System without permission.
- Falsification of Origin. Forging TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. The legitimate use of aliases and anonymous remailers is not prohibited by this provision.
- Malicious and deceptive practices: You may not use the Services to transmit malware or host phishing pages. You may not perform activities or upload or distribute Materials that harm or disrupt the operation of the Services or other infrastructure of Interfacing or others, including Interfacing’s third party providers. You may not use the Services for deceptive commercial practices or any other illegal or deceptive activities
No Network Abuse
You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them. Prohibited activities include:
- Monitoring or Crawling. Monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs or disrupts the System being monitored or crawled.
• Denial of Service (DoS). Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective.
• Intentional Interference. Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques.
• Operation of Certain Network Services. Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers.
• Avoiding System Restrictions. Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations placed on a System, such as access and storage restrictions.
No E-Mail or Other Message Abuse
You will not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate the sending of unsolicited mass e-mail or other messages, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (like “spam”), including commercial advertising and informational announcements. You will not alter or obscure mail headers or assume a sender’s identity without the sender’s explicit permission. You will not collect replies to messages sent from another internet service provider if those messages violate this Policy or the acceptable use policy of that provider.
Personal and confidential information
You may not post or upload any Materials that contain personally identifiable information, sensitive personal information, or confidential information, such as credit card numbers, confidential national ID numbers, or account passwords unless you have consent from the person to whom the information belongs or who is otherwise authorized to provide such consent.
Our Monitoring and Enforcement
Interfacing reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or investigate any violation of this Policy and your use of the Services at any time for compliance with this Policy and the Interfacing Service Terms, or any other agreement between you and Interfacing governing your use of the Services (collectively, the “Terms”). We may:
- investigate violations of this Policy or misuse of the Services; or
- remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that violates this Policy or any other agreement we have with you for use of the Services.
- We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
Our determination of whether a violation of this Policy has occurred will be final and binding, and any action taken with respect to enforcing this Policy, including taking no action at all, will be at our sole discretion.
Interfacing may modify this Policy at any time by posting a revised version on the Interfacing Site. By using the Services or accessing the Interfacing Site, you agree to the latest version of this Policy. If you violate the Policy or authorize or help others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Services.
Reporting of Violations of this Policy
If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation. To report any violation of this Policy, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org