Operating system: Windows Server 2008 64 bit (including R2), Windows Server 2012 64 bit, Windows Server 2016 64 bit, Windows Server 2019 64 bit, IIS v 7.X
Minimum CPU: 2 x Dual Core Xeon or analog
Minimum free RAM: 8 GB
Disk space: A minimum of 50 GB of free space is required to install the software and 10 GB of free space on the drive that contains the temporary directory used by Cognos components.
Web server: IIS Web server must be installed and started.
- Database: Cognos Content Database can be installed and configured as the default content store database (recommended for testing). For production deployment, use MSSQL database
Microsoft SQL Server TCP/IP connectivity to Microsoft SQL Server
Database tools installed on Cognos Server host (Cognos Server Host is different from the Database Host):
- MSSQL 2008/2012/2014/2016 Native Client
- MSSQL 2008/2012/2014 SQLCMD Command Line Utility
Web browser: For all web browsers, enable the following:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer only, enable the following:
- Run ActiveX controls and plugins
- Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting
- Active scripting
- Allow META REFRESH
If users want to email reports, they can use an SMTP server.
4.1 Firewall Requirements for Incoming Connections:
The following TCP ports must be open for incoming connections on the Cognos Server host or the network firewall:
For IBM Cognos Server: The port set during the configuration of IIS Site for IBM Cognos Server (default: 80 or 443 for SSL encrypted traffic)
Need more help with this?
Visit the Support Portal