Follow the steps below to import data from an Excel spreadsheet file. The format of the data file must be .xlsx
1. Launch the EPC Modeler.
2. From the EPC Toolbar, select Tools > Import > Excel …
3. The Excel Import Wizard window will open. Select the ellipsis to select the file that is to be imported.
4. Select Overwrite to combine duplicate objects in your environment. If you do not select Overwrite and there is at least one duplicate object already present in your current EPC Environment, the Import Wizard validation process will report an error. By default, this option is selected. Click Next.
5. Select the sheets to import and assign each a root object in the adjoining drop down lists. Click Next.
6. Manually align the imported Excel column headers with EPC’s object/associations and attributes for each sheet you have selected in the previous section. If you wish to skip the import of a column, select “Ignore” from the EPC Attribute drop down list. Click Next when you are done.
- Excel Sheet: The names of the imported Excel sheets which were selected in the Select Sheets section.
- Excel Column: The column headers of the imported Excel sheet.
- EPC Object/Association: This list includes the root object followed by:
- Associations (RASCI-VS and CRUD)
- Associated objects
- EPC Attribute: The attributes appropriate to the object or association selected in the EPC Object/Association drop down list:
- When a root object is selected, the EPC Attribute drop down list displays the object-specific details list
- When an associated object is selected, the EPC Attribute drop down list displays the association format Name [Identifier]
- When a RASCI-VS association is selected, the EPC Attribute drop down list displays the association format Name (R,A,Su,C,I,V,Si) [Identifier]
- When a CRUD association is selected, the EPC Attribute drop down list displays the association format Name (C,R,U,D) [Identifier]
7. Click the ellipsis to select a destination for the imported data. EPC will automatically create a new set for the imported data if you do not select a destination. If a specific object was not aligned in the Align Columns section, the import wizard will allow you to skip to the next module. Click Next.
8. Review the Summary and click Finish. You will receive a confirmation when the import is complete.
9. Relaunch the Modeler to ensure that all data is properly synchronized.
Need more help with this?
Visit the Support Portal