Improvement requests allow end users to propose item and process improvements within the EPC Web App. Through the Collaboration Module, users can propose Association Changes, Description Changes, Editorial Changes and, Process Map Changes. Improvement Requests are a crucial part of continuous improvement within organization.
|Association Changes|| Users can propose alternative and/or new associations for specific items or processes.
E.g. An HR Manager (Role) should be assigned as Responsible for the “Compose Job Description” Task
|Description Changes|| Users can propose alternative descriptions for items within the EPC that will be viewed on item’s Details page.
E.g. The “Compose Job Description” Task Description should include the specific steps (1-Gather information, 2-Talk to division hiring, 3-List responsibilities, etc.)
|Editorial Changes|| Users can propose changes to the metadata of processes or tasks
E.g. The “Compose Job Description” Task metadata should reflect a new piece of information.
|Process Map Changes|| Users can propose changes to the process maps themselves.
E.g. The “Compose Job Description” Task should be a sub-process with 1-Gather information, 2-Talk to division hiring, 3-List responsibilities, as tasks.
Creating an Improvement Request
Any user can create an Improvement Request where they see an opportunity for operational optimization. Any individuals involved, as well as the Accountable users, will be notified and will be requested to comment and/or vote on the proposed activity. Further details on notification can be found below.
Accountable users on processes are called Process Owners.
Improvement Requests follow a similar format to other collaboration engagements. The significant different, when initiating an Improvement Request, is the category of request being made.
Improvement Request Cycle
- User creates Improvement Request
- Involved individuals, including the Accountable user, will be notified of new Improvement Request
- Involved users will comment and/vote on the proposed activity
- Accountable user will approve (or reject) the Improvement Request
- Accountable user will assign the Improvement Request implementer
- The Web Modeler implementer will implement the Improvement Request
- The Accountable user will be notified when changes were implemented, and he will verify them
Need more help with this?
Visit the Support Portal