In certain circumstances, EPC modelers may want to merge 2 objects of the same type into one. This often occurs upon identification of duplicate objects (especially after imports), during restructuring initiatives, or sometimes due to deprecation of an object where another object acquires it’s impacts.
To be able to use Merge, a user needs to be:
- A Modeler that has Write permissions (or better: Write Delete, Full Control) on the Target Object
- A Modeler that has Write Delete permissions (or better: Full Control) on the Source Object
The objects that have the “Merge” option are the following:
|Organization|| -Org Unit
|Master Data|| -Entity
What will be merged?
The objective of Merge is to deprecate one object (Source) and transfer all its Impacts and Associations to another object (Target). Therefore, ONLY Impacts and Associations of the source object will be transferred to the target object.
Associations that will be merged to the target role:
How to use Merge
For the purpose of this example, we will use the Performance Module, and will merge a KPI, but the same steps can be followed for all objects in all modules.
1. Select the Peformance Module
2. Next, select the object you would like to view in your Navigation Menu
3. Select the ‘Details’ page of the object
4. Click on the Edit Dropdown which will generate a list of actions you can perform. From this list, click on Merge
5. A panel will open up allowing you to search for the item you would like to merge your object too. Note that you can only merge objects with identical types (i.e. Assets with other Assets, Roles with Roles, KPIs with KPIs, etc.)
6. If you wish to search for your object, click on the elipsis in the right-hand corner and select the list you desire. From here, you can use the search bar to search for the item.
7. Select the item you would like to merge your object too
8. Click on Merge and the objects will be combined
Need more help with this?
Visit the Support Portal