Centre Universitaire de Santé McGill (CUSM)
The McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) is one of two major healthcare networks in the city of Montreal, Quebec, and it is the only bilingual teaching hospital in the province. It is affiliated with McGill University and is one of the largest medical institutions in Canada.
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Sainte-Justine
CHU SJ is the largest mother and child centre in Canada and one of the four most important pediatric centres in North America. This university health centre is affiliated with the Université de Montréal, located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Employees and Nurses
Doctors, Dentists and Pharmacists
Students and Volunteers
Visits Per Year
Modernization and Expansion
The Growing Up Healthy (Grandir en santé) project involves the construction of new buildings, the Specialized Units building and the Research Center, as well as the modernization of existing infrastructures, including the expansion of the Charles Bruneau Cancer Center already completed in 2007. The teams will have access to new technologies and cutting-edge technical platforms.
Integration of Care, Education and Research
Growing Up Healthy will bring together care, teaching and research into common places that create an environment conducive to innovation and humanization of care. Their design is based on innovative approaches, modern architectural trends and care centered on the child and his/her family.
An Environment that fosters Collaboration
Interdisciplinary teams will be able to collaborate more with each other and with patients and their families, a practice already in place in the institution.
The new Research Center will be able to benefit from physical infrastructures of international caliber, matching the talents it brings together. The new laboratories will reinforce the synergy between the teams, a key element for new major discoveries in maternal and child health.
A Positive Impact on the Health Network
As an academic health center specializing in maternal and child health activities, CHUSJ will continue to work more effectively with the healthcare network. In its new environment, it will put all its competence at the service of health professionals and the population, thanks to its telemedicine programs allowing the transfer of competences on the whole territory.
Reporting to senior management, Transition Management is a change management governance structure whose core mandate is to ensure the success of operations under the CHUSJ Transition Plan. This is a key structure for optimal integration of new modes of operation, technologies, information systems and others.
According to our conception, the direction of the transition says that its actions are oriented along three axes:
Planning and Programming
Planning and Programming of all transitory (preparatory) and permanent measures and activities related to the integration of buildings, management of the change inherent in this integration and financial monitoring;
- Maintaining Operations – clinical and administrative operations addressing accessibility, functionality and safety issues for families and staff;
- The Revision of Processes – clinical, technical and human resources management processes, including the harmonization of all facilities.
The CHUSJ Transition Branch wishes to acquire process modeling software & consulting services to build a knowledge base, facilitate access to this database for employees and promote continuous process improvement. This acquisition is part of the Growing Up Healthy modernization project for which a process review plan is underway. These process reviews are carried out by two expert advisors whose mission is to accompany both clinical and support teams.
- Mapping processes established during workshops alongside teams
- Centralize documentation related to processes
- Consolidate information on processes, resource roles, risk management, and institutional policies and procedures
- Make available to any user a single access allowing them to consult and review documents in relation to their processes
- Ensure automated management of document versions
- Generate reports and procedures
- Create a repository of key clinical-administrative processes for the missions/service in consideration of the parameters and functional recommendations of the technical functional plan (PFT) and the clinical plan.
The transition management is looking for a leading partner to deploy the solution harmoniously in the existing IT infrastructure in close collaboration with technical staff. The services offered must include at least:
- The preparation of the architecture of the proposed solution and its integration with the existing infrastructure;
- The physical installation, configuration and commissioning of the software with the support of the technical resources of the applicant. By installation we mean the installation of the software, as well as the interface, functions with the hospital information systems (employee directory and e-mail);
- A framework allowing the CHUSJ to set up the software parameters;
- Transfer of technical knowledge to IT support staff enabling internal support;
- A training session for transition management advisors
- Compliance with minimum requirements for access security & quality standard
- Plan and completion schedule
- Network integration
- Workstation configuration
- Installing operating system updates
- Cohabitation of the application
- Batch processing
- File sharing and security
- Test bench
- Restoring the environment after a disaster or major outage
- System documentation
- Ongoing support
- Compliance with IT requirements
- After sales services
Complex, multi-level and multi-stakeholder processes that require in-depth understanding and synchronization of a great deal of information. Complexity for the collection of reliable and valid data in several parallel information systems.
Organizational Challenges and Difficulties Encountered
Multi-site project with different organizational processes and cultures. Understanding and interpreting processes and trans-organizational dynamics differently, requiring a multiplication of process approvals and multiple consultations at multiple levels.
Discover how we helped other companies succeed
Can't find what you're looking for?